To promote the unique place of America's Weather and Climate Industry in the American Weather Enterprise as the only private sector producer of information, services and systems related to weather and climate;
To afford a means of active and positive cooperation with the government, including all federal departments and agencies that budget for and/or conduct programs in the atmospheric sciences;
Statements and Positions
- AWCIA endorses comments rendered by AccuWeather, Inc., to the NWS regarding SDD on Proposed Enhanced Impact-Based Decision Support Services for EM's.
- AWCIA joins other Enterprise Partners in Supporting NOAA Funding at no less than $5.5 billion in FY15
- AWCIA Supports Weather Enterprise Consensus Building Conference, March 6-7, 2013, Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel; Steven Root and Barry Myers to Participate on behalf of AWCIA
- AWCIA Identifies Five Points of Focus for the American Weather Enterprise
- Barry L. Myers, presentation at AMS's Town Hall Meeting on Weather Commission, Jan. 07, 2013